06 November 2006

AWOL

In the middle of last week I logged onto my blog intending to delete some comments I had made which on reflection were better not made. I deleted the offending entry and tweaked some of the settings. Not long afterwards (the next time I tried to access it, in fact), I found that my blog seemed to have disappeared in its entirety! Twenty-four hours later most of it was back. However, the most recent entries (in particular, the one I had originally intended to delete) and all the comments that folk have added to my blog in the past year seem to have permanently disappeared.

So my apologies to all whose words of wisdom have gone AWOL. In future, I shall keep an offline archive of my blog entries and comments (or, at least, the interesting ones) so that if this should happen again I am able to reconstruct the blog.

No comments: